Have you seen it yet?

I now have a website too! Yay! - I know sometimes people refer to a blog as a website, but maybe I am still stuck in my old ways and I be...

The Secret To Being Happy


I know I'm supposed to be a role model and all that nonsense, pretend my life's perfect, so today I'm stepping from my dark corner and letting you know, you're not alone when you pretend to be happy.

A month from now, I'll probably read this and cringe! I might even delete it, but then again, once I hit that publish button it will be out there forever, won't it? You'd just have to search real hard to find it. Much like I'm searching for my soul most days.





It's said that a lost soul is someone who has had a tragedy, so devastating, they wonder constantly about the purpose of life, and I am one of those lost soul who just happens to write stories.

Yes. Most days, I think my stories aren't good enough and that's why I give them away for free but writing has turned out to be my therapy which I disguise in simple prose to pretend it has nothing to do with me personally.

Readers will often say: “It’s as if I’m meant to read your stories.” When I get feedback like this it is as if I find pieces of my soul stuck to that reader, because they felt it, they saw the me no-one knows, they related and connected with the real me.

Recently I wrote an adult contemporary romance, because I thought I could just write a story without all the feelings attached to it - turns out I can't because in this story, her boyfriend dies and so there we were, back at square one.

I just googled how to be happy, and here's what I found:

Change your thoughts. People tend to remember negative experiences and forget positive ones but you can train yourself to be happy.


Look for the positive in all your experiences. It’s not only good for your overall happiness, it’s good for your physical health, and boosts your immune system.

Cultivate optimism. No matter what happens - good or bad - happiness is temporary and tends to quickly revert to a baseline level. Some people have a higher baseline happiness level than others, due to genetics.

To sum that up:

Light up your face with happiness - Hide all of your sadness.



What I think:

Just smile as you pull yourself out of the darkness of being sad and eventually you'll be so used to being happy, it will become a natural state.


“It’s said a person’s eyes are the windows to their soul, but a lost soul cannot be found so easily.” – Lynette