I have a backstory too

I was born in Burgersdorp in South Africa on a beautiful autumn day. As a child, I moved around a lot with my family, and even though I went to a new school in a new town every year, I grew up happy. 

As I grew older and got used to moving around, I realised it does not matter if the kids at the new school looked at me strangely for the first day or two. Soon I blended into the background. 

I was always excited about going to a new school, I enjoyed the excitement of a new environment, and most importantly what the boys would look like and will I find 'the one'. I only found who I thought was 'the one' in Grade 11, aged sixteen. After a year, I realised I am going to have to kiss more than one frog to find my true love - sadly!


In Galway in 2011, sitting on the steps of a church
waiting for my husband (on the phone as always)
and reading a Dean Koontz book, which I just bought 
and could not wait to start reading.

After school, I went to work at one of the last manual telephone exchanges in South Africa for my gap year. The year after, I went to Teacher Training College in Durban. Here I met whom I thought was 'the one'. After a tumultuous ten-year experience, with lots of kissing, this frog just refused to change into a prince, and thus pathways were split.

And then I met a frog, by pure accident. You guessed it :o) He did indeed turn into a prince of great distinction and importance. We now live in our own castle in Derry/Londonderry. I have three most amazing children, whom I love more than life itself.


Moving around did not stop once I left school. When I was with frog #2, I lived in the same village and house for ten years, but since then I have moved often. I expanded my horizons and now, instead of moving from town to town in one country, I move from country to country. 



In 2014, walking up a mountain at The Giant's Causeway.
The crazy one in the front is Sinead :)

I worked as a Personal Assistant at an international Financial Institution for most of my adult life, and in 2008, after moving back to South Africa from The Republic of Ireland, I sat down and wrote the first sentence for My Recycled Soul. My Recycled Soul was inspired by my daughter, Tahne, who was utterly distraught about leaving her friends behind in Ireland, and with my story, I wanted to show Tahne how things do actually happen for a reason. Most of those things might be horrible, bad things, but in the end it always brings us to a happy place. We only need to keep the faith!

Thank you so much for reading my stories you are appreciated :o) Even without readers I would always continue writing my stories, because it is what I love to do, but it is always so much better with you.


Want to leave a comment? Use the social share buttons at the bottom of each post & remember to tag me.

Popular posts from this blog

The Vampire Pirate Saga: The Vampire Pirate's Daughter

The Vampire Pirate Saga: William the Damned

Did you miss getting The Vampire Pirate's Daughter for free?

Missinglettr