Newsletter 2017

Hi,

So much has happened so far this year and the weeks are just rushing by, aren't they? Or is it just me getting older?




I'll give you a quick recap of books I've published so far this year and I know somewhere on this blog I have a list of books due for publication (I found it). Some of them were re-publications so *exhausted chuckle* I am not a machine who can pump out a book every month.




First there was Insight
Republished on 10 June 2017
The story used to be from Daryl's point of view, but I changed it to third-person and added about 10,000 words.
Insight is also available in audio book.


High school student, Daryl Foley possesses innate charisma thanks to his natural empathic abilities. When he likes girls, they find him irresistible. Dating is easy until he meets Samantha. The beautiful brunette is a closed book - he cannot perceive her emotions—at all. Intrigued by the mystery, Daryl finds himself drawn into her world of disturbing family secrets. For the first time in his life, he experiences the joy and fear of true attraction and discovers—the girl he cares for is in danger.





Then there was The Vampire Virus
Republished on 1 July 2017
This story used to be called The Vampire Legacy, but I decided the continuation of Susanna & William's story should be called The Vampire Legacy, as it will mostly be about William (Susie's son) and his legacy of having the vampire virus. 

This story (The Vampire Virus) is really just a side story of how the virus was created by Joseph and has also been extended.


Being a tutor in 1800's London is not easy when you are a pretty girl. Men like Joseph are used to getting their own way, and Joseph had clearly decided he wanted Maggie. Joseph is an Alchemist, looking for the fountain of youth. He did not expect to meet a girl who would steal his heart away, he did not expect the thirst for blood after he discovered the fountain of youth.




The Girl in Room Thirteen is brand new and at the moment it is available for pre-order from Amazon only (release date 1 September 2017), but will become available at all other retailers from January 2018. As soon as the paperback is formatted there'll be a Goodreads give away for a paperback or two.

As part of her initiation, as a new arrival at boarding school, she has to accept a dare. Unfortunately, Alison's dare requires her to go into the dreaded room thirteen on the anniversary of Lily's death. It is rumoured, Lily, the girl who used to reside in the room, thirteen years ago killed herself on the thirteenth of February, the day before Valentine's Day. When Alison goes into the room, alone and afraid, armed with only an Ouija Board, the dead girl gives her a riddle, which leads Alison on a journey of discovery to find out what really happened to Lily. What dark secrets is the girl in room thirteen hiding?





ForNever (Book 2) is also brand new and at the moment it is available for pre-order from Amazon only, but will become available at all other retailers from 1 October 2017. As soon as the paperback is formatted there'll be a Goodreads give away for a paperback or two.

For centuries, Heather died each time she had chosen Kieran after she came back until the curse is broken by Jayden. Now, Kieran can hear the screams of a million ghosts rush through him and the feeling gives him hope. Hope that everything could still be as it is supposed to be. Heather could still be his.


Even though I said Changed and Unbreakable will be released this year, I have run out of months so they have been moved to 2018. Unbreakable is ready to go, so will probably be the first to be published in January 2018, and Changed will follow in February. (Can you believe it's been two years since I shared the first chapters for Changed!)

I hear you ask, "How did you run out of months?"
My answer is simply this book cover:



Dead Girl does not have a page I can link to yet or #firstchapters even, but I had this idea and I am writing a mile-a-minute. Due date 1 November 2017.





I know I have ranted about this issue before, but here I go again :o) From this day until infinity my e-books will all be priced at $0.99

To be honest, I am tired of people telling me readers do not see value in a book if the price is under a dollar or a pound or whatever currency they trade in, because I know there is value in my stories :o) so I am going to stop doubting myself by listening to others.

Personally, I am very reluctant to buy an e-book priced above $0.99 (for the paperback, I don't mind paying a whole lot more because I find more value in a physical object - maybe I really am just getting old). 

If you feel my books are not worth reading because they are only priced at $0.99 that's okay too :o)


Secretly I am hoping you read the e-book and love it SO much you just have to own the paperback.


So far, the following e-books have been discounted from $2.99 to $0.99 (the rest will follow in due course). At some retailers it might take a few days for the price to be updated.





In case you've missed it, there are also 100 copies each of the following stories to read for free on Inkitt:

The Girl in Room Thirteen (Abridged edition)





I have also decided to retire The Dark, Dark House from distribution, so now you can read a free flash fiction story every week for the next nine weeks. Subscribe to this blog to be notified when the next one goes live.

Fifteen Seconds Ago is already available to read.

You can also read All Over Again and Only In My Memories for free.


I almost forgot! This week I reached 4,000 page likes on my Facebook page *does happy dance*

Lastly, I am thinking of getting a kitten to keep Alvin (my chatty, fat cat) company. Do you think I should just do it?



Lynette X♥X♥
Want to leave a comment? Use the social share buttons at the bottom of each post & remember to tag me.

Popular posts from this blog

When we Love: Chapter Nine

Brand New: ForNever: A Shade of Witch (ForNever Series Book 2)