The day I released William into the wild


I don't remember what link I first clicked to discover bookcrossing.com but when I did, I felt such a great sense of adventure.

BookCrossing is the act of releasing a book into the wild for a stranger to find and then tracking where in the world the book goes via journal entries on the site.


What greater way to start a treasure hunt than with a story about a Vampire Pirate?


I decided to leave my own copy of William in Brooke Park in Derry/Londonderry at Gwyn's Cafe & Pavilion on 11 July 2017.


Photography by Sinéad Ferreira

At first, I was afraid to just leave the book there unloved and uncared for. What if it rains and its beautiful cover gets all ruined, and the water soaks into the paper and creates that ugly wavy paper effect?


Photography by Sinéad Ferreira

My heart broke a little when, after drinking my Cappuccino, we stood up and walked away. I did my best not to look back, but it was hard.


Photography by Sinéad Ferreira

Now, all I can hope for is that someone found William, and is either reading the story or put it somewhere for someone else to find.



I hope he is loved and well taken care of and will soon find his way in the world.

Want to leave a comment? Use the social share buttons at the bottom of each post & remember to tag me.

Popular posts from this blog

The Vampire Pirate Saga: The Vampire Virus

Hartman House by A.L. Wright